Join us on Saturday, April 28th at the Innovation Lab. Multi-disciplinary teams work on projects that are public-minded, open source, and not-for-profit.
Evolving from weekend hackathons, Code for Philly's launchpads provide the resources, setting, and framework for teams and individuals who want to make a lasting positive impact. Project teams have a chance to bond, collaborate, work with stakeholders, and develop viable projects that are sustainable long after Launchpad’s conclusion.
At our Project Kickoff Day, teams organize around the ideas presented the night before. The day includes structured team formation, team collaboration and opportunity discovery workshops - so projects new and returning can maximize their time, energy, and impact. We're very excited to again partner with the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Innovation Management to facilitate several workshops. In addition, technical mentors will be on hand in helping teams to jump-start their project!
- 9:00am - Doors open
- 9:00am-9:45am - Participant sign-in and light breakfast. This is when we recommend participants consider the project ideas that most interest them. We'll have Friday night's easels posted throughout the room.
- 9:45am - Opening remarks
- 10:05am - Team formation
- 10:25am - ~12:30pm - Workshops - led by the City's Office of Innovation Management!
- 12:30pm - Lunch is served
- 1:30pm - Open team work and hacking!
- Late Afternoon - Snacks served
- 9pm - Doors close …. Note, teams are not required to stay until 9pm.
Please RSVP for this event on Meetup and purchase here on TicketLeap. Tickets are $25. This covers the cost of meals for the day, special programming throughout the month, and an event gift!
See our event announcement for more information: https://codeforphilly.org/events/launchpad-2018.
We're particularly proud of the workshops offered throughout the Launchpad. We recently wrote about them here.
New to Code for Philly?
- All Code for Philly projects must be civic in nature. In addition, all of the projects must use an open source license.
- Find out more about us here: https://codeforphilly.org/.